Frequently asked questions
Is there an option for my interview to be conducted through Skype?
Applicants are required to attend face-to-face interviews in the country to which they applied and must be prepared to travel to the interview in the first instance.
Only in exceptional circumstances are Skype interviews permitted. This is usually where security restrictions prevent applicants from travelling to the country to which they applied or where there is no British embassy or high commission present in the country. Such instances are considered on a case-by-case basis and a decision is made following consultation with the British embassy or high commission.
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Is there an age limit for Chevening Award applications?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Where can I go for help if I need specialist housing advice?