Frequently asked questions
Is there an option for my interview to be conducted through Skype?
Applicants are required to attend face-to-face interviews in the country to which they applied and must be prepared to travel to the interview in the first instance.
Only in exceptional circumstances are Skype interviews permitted. This is usually where security restrictions prevent applicants from travelling to the country to which they applied or where there is no British embassy or high commission present in the country. Such instances are considered on a case-by-case basis and a decision is made following consultation with the British embassy or high commission.
Most popular FAQs
- Can I still apply if I do not have a valid passport?
- Do my reference letters need to be written on official letterhead?
- What if my referee no longer works for the company I worked for?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?