This fellowship is currently closed for applications.
The aim of this three-month fellowship is to offer senior officials and professionals from the energy sector the opportunity to spend time in Dundee as a visiting Chevening Fellow.
Visiting fellows will work alongside leading academics in their field on their own independent research projects. Fellows are provided unrestricted access to classes, lectures, and seminars which will feed into their own chosen area of research, with support from an academic supervisor for the duration of their fellowship. At the time of interview the candidate’s proposed research will be discussed with a University of Dundee faculty member.
Fellows will be expected to source their own accommodation, with advice and support on living in the UK provided by the University of Dundee.
The University of Dundee
This fellowship is hosted within the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) at the University of Dundee.
The CEPMLP is an internationally renowned graduate school in the field of international business transactions and natural resources and energy law and policy. The interdisciplinary approach to teaching, research, and consultancy within the Centre provides a unique perspective on how governments, businesses, and communities operate, providing professionals and senior officials with the tools to work on challenges facing the energy sector worldwide.
What does this fellowship include?
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation, for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from China to the UK
- Research allowance
- Arrival and departure allowances
- CEPMLP Supervisor to support research activities
- Full access to classes, lectures, and seminars at CEPMLP
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Chevening Gas Market Reform Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of China and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least five years’ work experience prior to applying
- Be a mid-career professional in your respective field
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the programme
How to apply
Applications for this fellowship are now closed.