Chevening Conference 2018: Lead the change
Book your ticket for Chevening Conference 2018, hosted by the University of Bristol on Friday, 6 April.
Chevening Conference 2018 is the third-largest event in the Chevening calendar, bringing scholars together to present ideas and research that explores this year's theme: 'Lead the Change: Inspiring change in a globalised world'.
The conference is a great opportunity to:
- Learn about leadership from your fellow scholars, who will be presenting their research related to our conference theme.
- Hear fascinating talks from senior academics at the world-leading University of Bristol, as well as Chevening Alumni, and senior staff at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Make connections with these academics and network with scholars from other universities around the UK.
- Contribute your own ideas to thought-provoking debate on leadership.
Here's what scholars said about last year’s Chevening Conference:
- 'It was a great opportunity to learn about leadership and to connect with others.'
- 'The level of discussion was of a high standard. I was very pleased with the level of intellectual stimulation I got from the day.'
It promises to be an inspiring day or discussion, ideas, and sharing knowledge. Come prepared to challenge yourselves and others to lead change in our world. There are just 100 tickets available so book yours now. The Eventbrite password can be found in the Chevening Conference email.
Which scholars will be presenting at conference?
After a competitive process and a record number of applications in 2017/2018, the scholars who will be contributing to the conference can be announced.
Come and support your friends and fellow scholars! They are:
Development and social change:
- Jacqueline Altagracia Aquino, University of Bristol
- Nishchhal Kharal, University of York
- Fatlum Gashi, University of Oxford
Economics and business:
- Bohdan Bon, University of Leeds
- Alma Demirovic, University of Leeds
- Gerald Afadani, SOAS
- Bintu Mansaray, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Butholezwe Nyathi, City, University of London
- Munojat Sultonova, Birkbeck, University of London
- Diego Arguedas Ortiz, King’s College London
- Kit Lai Cheng, University of Warwick
- Persis Ramirez Ramos, University of Leeds
- Po-Chang Tseng, King’s College London
- Rahaf Abu Koura, University of Leeds
- Muhammad Haniff Abdullah, King’s College London
Human rights and law:
- Naeli Akhmad, University of Birmingham
- Qiang Shen, LSE
- Md. Raisul Islam Sourav, University of Stirling
Media and communications:
- Martin Asiedu-Dartey, University of Salford
- Rounak Saha, King’s College, London
- Oluwamayowa Tijani, University of Sussex
- Janice Sue Wong, LSE
- Felix Chisoni, University of Leeds
- Walter Buyu, University of Warwick
Academic poster presentations:
- Han Yang Chung, University of Nottingham
- Hari Nugroho, King’s College, London
- Apoorva Iyengar, University of York
- Carla Gamberini Coz, UCL
- Enggi Dewanti, University of Sussex
Cost: £15 (to be taken from May stipend)
Ticketing system: 100 tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis
Password: see Chevening Conference email